It lived a very short life, but there are plenty mourning the death of the Microsoft Kin. In fact, a memorial site has already been posted for the youthful smartphone, which has already gotten over 32,000 hits.
Published by Shmuel Tennenhaus last Thursday, the tongue-in-cheek remembrance site welcomes stories from Kin owners and anyone who wants to say a word or two regarding this doomed handheld. We also learned that the Kin was apparently a "her." Who knew?
UPDATE: Apparently the host shut the site down, so the new page (for now) can be found here.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Internet Explorer 6 finally laid to rest
- Prices slashed on Microsoft's Kin One and Kin Two
- Adios, Kin. We hardly knew you
- Does Microsoft's Kin decision leave you encouraged or worried?
- Microsoft's Kin: Preemptive post-mortem, why it went wrong