Microsoft has rolled out a number of firmware updates for its Surface tablets, including several for its recently introduced Surface Pro 3.
The Surface Pro 3 updates issued do include a wireless network controller and Bluetooth update. But there also will be another Surface Pro 3 firmware update, coming on July 16, which is aimed at further improving Wi-Fi connection and throughput, according to Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Update History page. A number of with their new devices.
Here's a list of what's in the Surface firmware updates released today, July 8, as part of Patch Tuesday.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.18.104.22.168) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 22.214.171.124) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states
- Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability
- Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on-screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some Wi-Fi connection scenarios.
- We will also issue an update on Wednesday, July 16, to further improve Wi-Fi connection and throughput scenarios
- Wireless Network Controller (v 14.69.24054.176) enables functionality on wireless networks utilizing hidden SSIDs
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.84.0350) improves battery management when a Surface Cover is attached
- Surface Pro UEFI (v1.6.350) provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (v10.18.10.3496) improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability
- Intel(R) Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) enhances compatibility and improves the display experience for DisplayPort monitors
- Surface Accessory Device (v1.0.338.0) improves the experience when using Surface accessories
- Surface Power Cover Firmware update (v1.0.339.0) improves the experience when using Surface Power Cover
- Modem Firmware Update (v5.706.306.1) enhances the performance and reliability of AT&T 4G LTE network on Surface 2 4G LTE
- Surface Home Button Driver (v126.96.36.199) enhances system stability in both the active state and the sleep/wake transition state
Microsoft has added a reminder on its Surface update history pages to remind users that Surface firmware updates are staged, meaning that all users don't get them simultaneously.
"Not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later," Microsoft officials note.