I am a huge fan of the design and Motorola optimizations in the Motorola Assist with a feature I have been wanting since I first started using the application.and was pleased to see them update
Motorola Assist driving mode has always been helpful in announcing an incoming call or text message and then reading out text messages. However, the only reply you could send to people who texted you was a default one that stated you were driving. With the updated application you can now reply to incoming SMS messages using your voice.
I do not text and drive, and you shouldn't either, so having the ability to keep both hands on the wheel with your phone in your pocket or in a cup holder while sending a quick reply to someone is convenient.
Motorola has also improved driving detection and added the ability to launch your favorite music app when driving so you can enjoy music or podcasts via a Bluetooth speakerphone or through your vehicle's Bluetooth connected system. They also stated several bug fixes are present in this release.
Related Moto X posts
- Motorola drops Moto X regular price to $399.99
- Top 10 smartphones of 2013: There's One that's best
- Republic Wireless Moto X review: Top consumer smartphone and low cost service are a killer combo
- Motorola rolls out Android 4.4 KitKat to Moto X just three weeks after announcement
- Attention to detail and conveniences earned the Moto X a place in my pocket
- Motorola launches Moto X Maker customization service for all carriers