MYOB buys New Zealand's PayGlobal

Summary:Infrastructure company Infratil sells its 54 percent stake in PayGlobal to MYOB for NZ$9.2 million.

Australian accounting software company MYOB is buying New Zealand HR and payroll software company PayGlobal.

Tim-Reed
Tim Reed.

MYOB is buying a 54 percent shareholding in PayGlobal from New Zealand infrastructure investor Infratil for $9.2 million, however, it was not prepared to disclose the price it is paying for the remaining 46 percent. It will fund the acquisition, which is scheduled to be completed on 31 August, from cash reserves.

MYOB chief executive Tim Reed said the acquisition broadens the range of HR and payroll solutions the company provides to the mid-to-large-size market in Australia and New Zealand.

"In introducing complementary solutions to our popular EXO offering for larger businesses – a market we continue to focus heavily on – MYOB is also demonstrating our commitment to invest exclusively in the local market," he said.

Topics: Enterprise Software, Australia, Cloud, New Zealand

About

Rob O'Neill is a writer for CBS Interactive based in Auckland, New Zealand covering business and enterprise technology for ZDNet. He has previously worked for IDG, The Sydney Morning Herald and Melbourne's The Age as well as various business titles, most recently editing the Business Sunday section of New Zealand's weekly national news... Full Bio

Contact Disclosure

Kick off your day with ZDNet's daily email newsletter. It's the freshest tech news and opinion, served hot. Get it.

Related Stories

The best of ZDNet, delivered

You have been successfully signed up. To sign up for more newsletters or to manage your account, visit the Newsletter Subscription Center.
Subscription failed.