It's a big day for management changes in Silicon Valley. Earlier on Friday, Intel announced that it would be naming a new chief operating officer among other management changes.
Now, Netflix is following suit as its current chief marketing officer, Leslie Kilgore, will be leaving the post she has held for the last 12 years to join Netflix's board as a non-executive director.
CEO Reed Hastings commented in prepared remarks:
Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth. We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.
For now, Netflix will be looking for a new chief marketing officer outside of the company in the coming months.
In the meantime, Netflix's vice president of marketing, Jessie Becker, has been appointed as interim chief marketing officer, while Jonathan Friedland, vice president of global corporate communications, will now serve as chief communications officer.
Both Becker and Friedland will report directly to Hastings.
- CES 2012: Dish goes after rural households with new Broadband service
- Hulu Plus grows to more than 1.5 million subscribers
- Class action suit claims Netflix misled investors to bump share price
- LoveFilm adds ABC on-demand television in ongoing Netflix battle
- Reuters launches own YouTube channel with news, analysis programming