Never mind that pesky vision problem debate. Nintendo execs hope to add 3D video recording to the 3DS handheld in a future software update.
Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata said in a recent installment of "Itawa Asks," that it "will be fun if we're able to include video recording capabilities with future updates." Sure, there was the question of storage, which can be remedied by an SD card. Iwata continued that can handle an SD card up to 32GB in capacity.
A handheld gaming console isn't the first thing I would want to go to for recording video, let alone 3D video. But gadgets seem to need to cover all bases these days, so why not just tack this feature on too?
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Sony PSP2 could be announced late this month
- Nintendo expected to ship 1.5 million 3DS units next month
- Nintendo 3DS battery has a shorter life line than DS, gets a cradle
- Pricing for Nintendo 3DS gaming console already causing a stir
- Nintendo 3DS becomes official; no 3D glasses required