In the I can't resist department, Business 2.0 has a poll dubbed "Who matters now?"
Gimmicky? Sure. Perfect for a summer Friday? You bet.
This effort has produced some interesting results:
- Fake Steve Jobs has a higher average rating than Steve Jobs. I took a screen shot (above) just in case it changes.
- Jason Calacanis is No. 2 above Richard Branson. Web 2.0 home field advantage?
- Mel Karmazin, CEO of Sirius, has a higher rating than Cisco CEO John Chambers. I bet Mel has more market cap envy.
- Peter Rojas of Engadget is higher than both Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is rated higher than Mike Bloomberg. Uh ok.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Arrington, HP CEO Mark Hurd and Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott all have the same rating. Not sure what to make of that bunch. Arnold terminates Hurd for pretexting Scott. Arrington blogs about it.
- And Oprah is rated below that bunch mentioned above. And future Yahoo CEO Sue Decker is on par with Oprah.