Polycom and Microsoft on Monday announced a broad agreement to team up on unified communications.
Under a multi-year pact, Polycom and Microsoft will deliver unified communications (UC) technology to customers ranging from small businesses to larger companies. Among the components of the deal:
- Polycom will develop UC systems for Microsoft Communications Server 14 and beyond.
- Polycom CX systems will be optimized for Microsoft UC.
- Room-based systems from Polycom will be able to integrate with Microsoft Communications Server 14.
- The two parties will work on other interoperable systems.
- Polycom and Microsoft will partner on sales and training, marketing, channel partners and demonstrations.
For Polycom, one of the last independent video conferencing companies, the Microsoft partnership gives the company some marketing heft as it takes on Cisco/Tandberg.
- Cisco's grand telepresence experiment in Songdo, South Korea
- Polycom names new CEO, a Cisco, Tandberg alum
- Juniper, Polycom forge telepresence, video conferencing alliance
- Logitech Buys LifeSize. Now what about Polycom?
- Why do some Tandberg shareholders want more from Cisco? Growth