We're looking for a few good bloggers and you can help.
Today, we launch a little experiment in user generated posts. The general idea is to allow readers to post submissions on key topics. In this beta, you will be able to post blogs to Web Explorer 2.0, Between the Lines, Office Evolution, ZDNet Healthcare, ZDNet Government and ZDNet Education.
For two of those blogs, Web 2.0 Explorer, which examines Web 2.0 technologies, and Office Evolution, which is focused on next-generation productivity software, this experiment is more like Blogger Idol since we're looking to fill those spots on a more permanent basis.
Who can post on ZDNet? Bloggers who have established blogs, users that have something good to say but want to pursue "one off" posts and those who just want to chime in from time to time. If you're trying to get more eyeballs for your own blog, and you think you have what it takes to be on ZDNet, send us a recent post. If our editors like what they see, your entry will be posted on ZDNet, along with a prominent link back to your blog.
Here's the submission tool (comments to improve it are welcome). And here are the steps.
- Establish an account with ZDNet.
- Log in to the tool with your ZDNet credentials. Anyone that already has posted a Talkback has these.
- Click on the "Select Blogs" tab and then click "Add a blog"
- Select the blog or blogs to which you would like to post and click "Add Blogs"
- At the bottom of the submission tab you'll see "Post new content."
- Then enter your headline, post and categories. Hit submit.
- From there your post will show up for an editor to approve.
- If approved by an editor it'll wind up in its appropriate blog
If this beta works, we'll be opening up submissions to other blogs.