Third party support provider Rimini Street said Monday that it will expand its maintenance services to Oracle's E-Business Suite.
Rimini Street's move, announced at Oracle OpenWorld, is bound to inflame its rival, which sued the company last year. Rimini also countersued Oracle.
Specifically, Rimini Street will offer the following Oracle's E-Business Suite customers:
- A minimum of 10 years support for existing releases with no upgrades required.
- No offshore support.
- 24/7 coverage and a 30 minute or less guaranteed response.
- Customization support.
- Application and regulatory updates.
Rimini's general plan is to offer its support and maintenance at more than half what Oracle charges. Rimini already supports Oracle's Siebel, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards applications as well as SAP software.
The Oracle E-Business Suite support will kick off for charter clients in 2011.
- Rimini Street landing big reference customers: Maintenance tipping point near?
- Rimini Street to Oracle: enough is enough
- Rimini Street fires back at Oracle; Alleges 'anticompetitive tactics'
- Rimini Street sues Oracle
- Oracle sues Rimini Street, alleges 'massive theft'; Is third party support dead?
- SAP accepts TomorrowNow liability, says Oracle damages inflated
- How the latest twist in the Oracle v SAP lawsuit is a win for Oracle
- Oracle OpenWorld: No mention of HP as Hurd talks up Oracle
- Oracle's Exalogic box: Cloud washing at its best?
- Oracle officially launches its Fusion apps; Will customers bite?
- Oracle Open World: a questioning prequel