Schneider Electric combined its StruxureWare Resource Advisor technology with the Windows Azure cloud platform. This allows the ability to develop custom, cloud-based energy management and sustainability software for customers across diversified industries.
"We are seeing a major shift in the industry away from one-size-fits-all solutions, and the cloud-enabled capabilities of the combined StruxureWare Resource Advisor and Windows Azure technology allow us to deliver right-sized tools based on customers' specific energy management needs," said Pascal Brosset, Chief Technology Officer of Schneider Electric.
StruxureWare Resource Advisor is an enterprise-level cloud-based software application that provides secure access to data, reports and summaries to drive customer energy and sustainability programs.
Now with its deployment on the Windows Azure cloud platform, the application cffers:
- Global reach and low cost of entry as software tools can be scaled quickly, replicated and rolled out globally with local language support
- Reduced cost resulting from eliminating the need to install or maintain additional on premise IT infrastructure
- Ability to leverage installed investments with secure cloud connectivity to existing onsite facility energy metering, monitoring and building management systems
- Increased mobility for employees to access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks
- Flexible system architecture based on open standards and protocols, promoting systems integration.
The first StruxureWare Resource Advisor development on the Windows Azure platform created the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) Higg Index 2.0, a tool that helps retail organizations standardize how they measure and evaluate environmental performance of apparel products across the supply chain.
By building on the Windows Azure cloud, the SAC sustainability assessment tool is now web-based and accessible to the SAC's global membership. The new capability builds on Schneider Electric and Microsoft's Global Alliance partnership agreement which allows the companies to leverage each other’s technologies and support of technical, sales and marketing resources.