Update December 17, noon PST: This contest is now closed. You're welcome to add your comments, but they will not be considered for judging. - EB
In a pair of posts this week, I looked at the shifting landscape of digital music services. (See iTunes alternatives: how do Amazon and other digital music services compare? and More iTunes alternatives: can a subscription music service ever succeed?)
But I admit I'm baffled by where this industry is heading, which is why I want to hear your thoughts on what needs to happen to the digital music industry to make it interesting again.
To sweeten the deal, I've got a couple of 32GB Zune HD devices to give away to the most interesting opinions out there.
Here are the basic rules. Read them carefully to avoid having your entry disqualified.
- Register as a ZDNET user. If you're already registered, you can skip this step. If you're not a ZDNet member, click the Join link at the top of this page and follow the instructions.
- Log in and leave a comment below. In 100 words or less, share your insights on the future of the digital music industry. You can praise or pan any product or service—winners will be selected on how funny, creative, and insightful those comments are. (And don't go over that 100-word limit or your entry will be disqualified.)
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges. The First Prize winner will receive a Zune HD 32GB with Zune HD AV Dock (worth $320). Second prize is a Zune HD 32GB with a one-month Zune Pass (worth $245).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners will be selected and notified on January 4, 2011, and must respond within three days. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, December 17 at noon PST.
And here's the mandatory disclaimer that our legal department insists we provide (sorry for the ALL CAPS, but you know how lawyers can be)…
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST ENDS AT 12 PM PT 12/17/10. SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR DETAILS.