While Sonoa originally offered a free API tools and management platform, Apigee now offers three product lines for enterprises, developers, and API providers of all sizes. The company now serves more than 7,000 developers and some 140 enterprises with API management services. [Disclosure: Sonoa Systems is a past sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
“By unifying the company under one brand and launching our premium line, we can better serve the full spectrum of companies and developers using APIs to power their apps, mobile and multichannel strategies and business partnerships,” said Chet Kapoor, CEO, Apigee.
The traffic on the traffic has been brisk. Currently, 2,500 GB of data per month and 25k messages are processed per second on Apigee Tech, says the firm.
As I heard more about the role of APIs and how managing and defining that traffic and use patterns -- both incoming and outgoing -- I was reminded too of the Big Data analysis value so many companies are building out.
What if you were to be able to analysis real-time data with real-time API activities? This may not be for everyone, but many mobile, e-commerce and service providers -- and a load of web-focused start-ups -- could develop some super insights.
Joining the analysis from APIs, systems logs, and data could be a killer business intelligence benefit. It might also spur new revenue by selling that analysis if you happen to find yourself at the juncture of APIs and data and either business or consumer behavior. Viva la real time analytics at scale!
Among the new and rebranded Apigee products:
- Apigee Premium: Announced on Wednesday, Apigee Premium provides advanced features on top of the Apigee Free platform, including unlimited API traffic, advanced rate limiting and analytics, and developer key provisioning. Visit https://app.apigee.com/sign_up to sign up for the preview.
- Apigee Free: A free tools platform launched last year for developers and providers to learn, test, and debug APIs, get analytics on API performance and usage, and apply basic rate-limits to protect their services.
- Apigee Enterprise: An industrial-grade API platform for enterprises using APIs to fuel their mobile, multichannel, application and cloud strategies. Previously Sonoa Systems’ core product ServiceNet, Apigee Enterprise provides API visibility, control, management and security.
You may also be interested in:
- Sonoa Systems appeals to industry powerhouses with ServiceNet appliance
- Visibility and control over API use is crucial as enterprises ramp up to SaaS and cloud models
- Open source and cloud: A curse or blessing during recession? BriefingsDirect analysts weigh in