Sony on Monday afternoon posted details about its "Customer Appreciation Programs" for customers in North America afflicted with the recent outage of its PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.
"Now that some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming and entertainment, we’re happy to provide details about the “Welcome Back” appreciation program for customers in North America," reads a posting from Sony senior director Patrick Seybold on the official PlayStation blog.
The program will be made available to all registered PlayStation and Qriocity users in the United States and Canada. Sony plans to begin offering the plan to users "after [it has] fully restored the service." Expect more details about the offers - and eligibility requirements - once all services go live (Sony is currently in the process of bringing them back online).
All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
Dead Nation inFAMOUS LittleBigPlanet Super Stardust HD Wipeout HD + Fury
What's more, PlayStation Portable (PSP) users will be eligible to download two PSP games. Like the PS3 games, they'll be available for 30 days once the PlayStation Store is restored, and can be kept forever. The games include:
LittleBigPlanet (PSP) ModNation Racers Pursuit Force Killzone Liberation
Sony will also offers free rental movie titles "over one weekend, where Video Service is available." It will announce those titles soon.
As Sony previously announced, PlayStation Network users will be eligible to receive 30 days of free "PlayStation Plus" premium membership; existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will get an additional 60 days tacked on to their subscription (rather than the 30 days previously mentioned).
Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members get another 30 days of free premium subscription, and Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscribers will get 30 days free, plus time lost.
Sony will also offer users of its PlayStation Home 3D social networking service some bonuses for the inconvenience: 100 free virtual items.
Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
- Sony relaunches PlayStation Network
- Protracted PlayStation Network outage causes gamers to cash in PS3s, games
- Sony delays PlayStation Network restart, citing SOE break-in
- Security expert testifies Sony servers went unpatched
- Sony implicates ‘Anonymous’ in PlayStation Network attack
- Sony security hole exposes another 24.6 million accounts
- A look at what Sony’s doing to fix the PlayStation Network mess
- Hey Sony: Give gamers straight answers if you want our business
- Sony encrypted credit card data, but not user account info
- PSN debacle illustrates stark differences between Apple and Sony
- Sony’s PlayStation Network data breach: Game networks an irresistible hacker honey pot