Sony is preparing a 'phased restoration by region' of PlayStation Network and Qriocity services this week and has outlined details of a 'Welcome Back' apology pack that users will be able to access.
The first services back up will include:
- Online game-play for PS3 and PSP
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP (existing subscribers only)
- Account management and password reset
- Access to download unexpired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- PlayStation Home
- Friends List
- Chat Functionality
Sony has also implemented a number of new security features, including:
Automated system monitoring (suggesting that the process was manual in the past)
- Increased data encryption
- Intrusion detection
- Additional firewalls
One hopes that Sony has learnt its lesson here.
Sony has also outlined details of a 'Welcome Back' apology pack that will be offered to all PlayStation Network and Qriocity members. This will include:
- Selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download
- Existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service
- Qriocity subscribers will receive 30 days free service
More information in the press release.