Not only does Logitech manage to steal the spotlight with its Revue box, now Sony is suffering even more due to what looks like leaked information about pricing and screen sizes for its Google TV collection.
According to Sony Insider, the display series will consist of four models, which are convienently named based on their widths:
- NSX-24GT1: 24-inch display
- NSX-32GT1: 32-inch display; $1,299.99
- NSX-40GT1: 40-inch display; $1,499.99
- NSX-46GT1: 46-inch display; $1,899.99
The pricing for the 24-inch edition is still a mystery, but based on that consistent pricing scale, it will most likely be under $1,000, perhaps even $899.99.
We already got a look at the controller yesterday, and it's not the most gorgeous (or even most decent-looking) remote in the world, to say the least. These TVs are certainly more attractive, but those price tags could scare off the casual consumer.
Sony is set to officially debut its Google TV-related products on October 12th.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Google TV will revolutionize television once viewers understand it
- Logitech Revue + Google TV = Trojan horse PC in your living room
- Google TV and Revue: say goodbye to your passive TV experience
- Google TV rounds out content line-up
- Logitech beating Sony to the punch with earlier debut of Google TV products