Sprint has expanded its growing 4G WiMax network with service available now in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Unfortunately, that's not the entire Bay Area just yet, but rather just some major spots to start: San Francisco, San Jose, Palo Alto and Oakland.
Sprint's 4G network is already up and running in 71 markets, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Boston.Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Forget the 4G marketing argument, ITU acknowledges US carriers have 4G
- Verizon announces 4G rollout, but are any of these US systems really 4G?
- Clearwire 4G opens in NYC, L.A. and San Francisco on deck
- Clear 4G WiMAX: Beats Crappy Hotel Internet
- Sprint moves to simplify network; So long Nextel