I am happy with my Nexus S 4G on Sprint but others have been dealing with poor signal strength problems. Owners have reported a lack of signal in areas where other Sprint phones have decent coverage, and even problems dealing with Wi-Fi networks. These problems are to be addressed with an update Sprint will be pushing to the Nexus S 4G on July 11.
The signal problems make the update worth the price of the update (free), and the other changes are also good:
- Enables the NFC Secure Element
- 4G Settings Widget
- TTY Support
- NI Push Support
- Improved WiFi Connectivity, Speakerphone audio quality, 4G throughput and signal acquisition
- Tuned signal strength indicators
The 4G Settings Widget is good to see as the Nexus S has no easy way to toggle 4G on the home screen. Nexus S 4G owners don't have to do anything to get the update, it will be pushed to phones over a 4-day period beginning July 11 according to Sprint documents.
- Goodbye EVO 4G, hello Sprint Nexus S
- What's your Android 'Fiddling ratio'?
- Sprint to offer shared data buckets for customers
- Sprint Galaxy Tab getting Gingerbread