ZDNet will be hosting a roundtable on big data, its business impact and finding the signals that matter on Oct. 4 in New York City.
The panel, which will consist of five folks representing various verticals, will be held at the Greene Space just west of SoHo and webcast live (piano not included).
We will outline the panelists in a bit with full profiles.
In the meantime, here's a look at some of the content themes ZDNet hopes to hit:
- Big data precursors: Are you analytical enough today to get much use out of big data?
- Signals: Big data has its challenges. The biggest one is figuring out what your needle in the data stack is and then finding it.
- Industries: What verticals are leading the big data charge and why?
- Veracity of data: Can you trust the data from various unstructured sources?
- Real returns: A look at projects and the big data ROI.
Those talking points are just a rough outline we'll shape as we get closer to the event. Feel free to add other topics you'd like covered.