In the wake of Macworld Expo come a veritable plethora of Apple rumors. Some interesting fodder for a Friday.
1) Disney buys Pixar. They need Pixar more than Pixar need them. Steve should be able to exact a King's ransom for Pixar and use the money to hire more lawyers. Yawn.
2) Second Generation Video iPod. Needham and Co. analyst Charles Wolf also said that the "actual" video iPod will make its debut in the the first half of 2006. Many believed that the first iPod video model, which debuted in November, was a "holdover" to grab attention and marketshare, while the company was feverishly working on an improved version for release at a later date.
3) Wireless iPod. "Apple is also understood to be working on the next generation of iPods, which would have the ability to connect wirelessly to the internet."
4) Bluetooth iPod. Presumably to wirelessly connect to headphones and speakers. I am really worried about the sound quality of this setup, and if you've ever used a Bluetooth headset, you should be to.
5) Apple phone/iPod phone. Apple filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the term "Mobile Me" covering a litany of technologies ranging from telecommunications and satellite networks to computer services and portable devices. iPod Boombox. The term "iPod Boombox" as well as "iPod Hi-Fi" were recently trademarked by Apple.
6) iPod Boombox. The term "iPod Boombox" as well as "iPod Hi-Fi" were recently trademarked by Apple. While interesting, these are already available from third parties. One of the best the model from DLO Direct.
I hope that Apple comes out with a kick-ass battery for the MacBook line. Battery life is the single most important feature to a true mobile technologist and it's time that Apple devote some resources to beefing up its anemic run time.
What new Apple product would you slap down the plastic today to pre-order? Drop a note in the TalkBack below.