Corey A. Smith over at Office Product News recently outlined some of the benefits to MPS – not a whole lot new here but glad to see that MPS is being talked about in all sorts of circles.
Managed Print Services is something that many companies are taking full advantage of. If your company does not currently utilize Managed Print Services, there are many reasons to make the switch over. In this article, we will outline some of the best reasons to make the switch.
First, we will provide you with a basic definition of Managed Print Services. Managed Print Services is an outsourcing service where the company providing the service takes full responsibility for managing a company's print environment. The overall goal of Managed Print Services is to cut down on a company's print expenditure, cutting cost and unnecessary waste.
Here are some of the best reasons to make the switch:
- Automate the support of your print environment
- Track and view your company's printing
- Make necessary adjustments of your print environment on the fly – just provide your service provider with what needs to be changed and they handle the work
- Tracking of where printing is happening in your organization, from departmental use down to the individual user.
- Save up to 30% of your current printing budget, which takes up between 1-3% on average of your annual budget
- Eliminate the need to have someone on staff to handle the ordering of printing supplies
- Reduces your total cost of ownership of the printing devices you currently have.
Corey makes the point that these are just a few of the reasons why your company should make the switch to Managed Print Services—there is also a chunk of money that your company could save annually by making the switch to MPS.