Google pushes a lot of new software and updates out of the door. Yesterday the company announced that it was getting ready to push out an update to Google TV devices ... and update that no one will care about.
The Google TV update will revamp several areas of the Google TV experience, including:
- Smoother navigation
- New channel pages
- See related videos
- Info screen
Great updates. Problem is, Google TV is pretty much dead in the water and no one will care about this update.
Logitech's Revue Google TV died on the vine, and while there are new players jumping on board the Google TV bandwagon (LG, Samsung and Vizio), but I really don't see what secret sauce these companies have that will give them the edge over Logitech's dismal failure. TVs are a highly competitive market and the big names are losing money hand over fist, and consumers don't seem to be interested in 'feature' TVs.
- Sony gives us 3 billion reasons why Apple shouldn't make a TV
- More Apple TV lunacy
- Will voice control disrupt living room electronics?
- Tell me again, why does Apple need to make TVs?
- Can Microsoft beat Apple and Google and successfully ‘appify’ the TV?
- Steve Jobs might have ‘finally cracked’ the simplest TV UI, but here’s a problem he didn’t solve