Arrington outlines his case, but the last sentence is what intrigued me:
"I’m all for a merger. But I won’t stand by quietly while Microsoft destroys what’s left of Yahoo just because it can."
Some folks responded with questions asking what exactly Arrington will do. I have to wonder too. I hope it's nothing too drastic. In lieu of a response (so far) I figured I'd kick around a top 10 list of things Arrington can do to protest Microsoft's behavior and support Yahoo in no particular order.
- Wrap Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's house in toilet paper
- Buy purple suits so Arrington can at least looks like he bleeds purple like Jerry Yang
- Ballmer's Friend request? Denied!
- Move to France (a move usually reserved for presidential campaigns, but could apply here)
- Infiltrate Yahoo and convert the infrastructure to Mac OS X server (just in case Microsoft succeeds)
- In phase two of that Mac OS X project, put Vista on all of Yahoo's desktops so nothing works properly
- Hunger strike
- Bolt all Yahoo chairs to the ground so Ballmer can't throw them
- Sabotage Yahoo employee morale by forcing them to use Zunes instead of iPods
- Put Microsoft's Bob in charge of Yahoo's help desk.