Named in honor of their late founder, the Uptime Institute today announced the winners of the first annual Brill Awards for Efficient IT. With three global winners and 15 regional awardees, the Uptime Institute selected from the 100 nominees the top projects that best exemplified efficient IT in five categories:
- Design - Data center capital projects that demonstrate the ability to deliver significant energy and resource efficiency.
- Facility Management - Projects or processes that demonstrate significant resource efficiency through application of best practices and new ideas.
- Operational Upgrade - Data center renovations or upgrades that deliver significant resource efficiency.
- IT Systems Efficiency - IT projects or processes that demonstrate significant resource efficiency through application of best practices and new ideas.
- Product Solutions - Facility infrastructure or IT products that significantly improve data center energy and/or resource efficiency, as demonstrated in a user deployment.
- Fidelity Investments – for implementing a strategic plan that resulted in a 20% reduction in the energy required for all IT loads across all datacenters.
- Morgan Stanley – for building a multi-disciplinary team that had a direct impact on all datacenter operations.
- Telefónica Global Technologies – who developed a new standard for their worldwide datacenter based on a modular approach.
All represented the best of breed solutions that showed the greatest impact and demonstrated technologies and techniques with far ranging application. A complete list of the 18 winners can be found here.