VMware is giving a bit of a boost to its existing desktop virtualization strategy and host of solutions this summer, starting with two new products for those of us who don't like to wait around much.
First, the virtualization and cloud infrastructure provider is also picking up on the latest mobile trends with the introduction of the VMware View Mobile Secure Desktop.
Integrating several other VMware platforms (i.e. vShield security and vCOP monitor components), this platform streamlines and automates desktop management. IT managers have the ability to designate location-aware and policy-driven access, while end users are promised quicker access to applications and data across multiple devices, locations and networks.
Second, the VMware View AlwaysOn Desktop is almost self-explanatory. This one is touted to offer 24/7 availability for critical applications using stateless virtual desktops with constant load balancing, multi-path access and built-in redundancy.
Geared towards enterprise, government and healthcare industries, these are the first two of four new mobile workforce solutions that VMware has tested and is rolling out for desktop virtualization deployments. Both products are generally available to business and IT customers now.
- First commercial OpenStack VDI solution debuts
- The future of cloud computing: 9 trends for 2012
- HP provides tools and services to help SMBs survive and thrive in a mobile environment
- ShoreTel extends voice, unified communications apps to smartphones
- Microsoft, Yammer and the land grab: Social enterprise lunacy