Whether it is in newspaper articles, online forums, blog feedback or just conversation, there seems to be this widespread belief that Vonage outsources the brunt of its Tier 1 (initial call) customer support to India.
The assumption is usually made in a critical tone of voice, usually in frustration that the support agent was not able to quickly resolve the problem, or seemed to be speaking with a heavy accent.
I am no friend of outsourcing to India, but if you think that's where Vonage throws all your calls there, that's wrong.
Come with me now, and I will show you exactly where Vonage outsources most of their customer support to.
First, I'll take you to an unlikely page on the Vonage site, but one that holds the key to this thread.
The ad specifies the following duties:
- Monitor the call and email queues and proactively recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor, evaluate, and coach agents
- Handle escalated customer calls
- Manage information flow, prepare reports, attend meetings
- Coaching and development of representatives to ensure the highest degree of customer service to maximize sales and customer retention
- Facilitate formal customer care training classes and conduct individual associate coaching based on identified needs
- Ensure effectiveness of training and development through interaction with all departments
- Act as subject matter expert in the areas of VoIP and Vonage Products
- Conduct operational effectiveness audits of outsourcers including productivity metrics, reporting, call flows, messaging, training, materials, and communications.
- Management liaison between outsourcer and various departments within Vonage.
Now, let us see which nation and city the ad specifies this position for: