Update: Since the event is over, I've replaced the live stream with the dedicated video.
The Open Compute Project is an initiative started by Facebook to accelerate innovation in infrastructure technology. The project's second event, the Open Compute Summit is being hosted today in New York City.
Here is the official schedule:
- 9:00am - 10:00am: Registration.
- 10:00am - 12:30pm: Presentation from Frank Frankovsky and others from the Open Compute Project community—the theme is community enablement, adoption and engineering contributions.
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm: Technical Workshops and Open Sessions.
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm: Breakout sessions.
- 5:00pm - 6:00: Plenary, a synthesis of each technical workshop and next steps.
Expect a plethora of related and unrelated Facebook news and announcements throughout the day. I'll do my best to keep you posted by updating the list below.
- Facebook building server farm just south of Arctic Circle
- Facebook forms foundation for the Open Compute Project
- Facebook announces two new security features, offers infographic
- Facebook Immune System checks 25 billion actions every day