The Washington Post has an article by Dan Tynan of PC World listing the top 10 worst PCs of all time. I think that you'll agree that it's a pretty accurate list and contains some real lemons.
Here's the list:
- #10. Dell Dimension 4600 (2003)
- #9. New Internet Computer (2000)
- #8. eMachines eTower 366c (1999)
- #7. Commodore VIC 20 (1981)
- #6. Texas Instruments TI-99/4 (1979)
- #5. IBM PS/1 (1990-1994)
- #4. Apple III (1980-1984)
- #3. Coleco Adam (1983)
- #2. Mattel Barbie PC (1999-2000)
- #1. Packard Bell PCs (1986-1996)
I think that overall the list is pretty accurate. I might have out the New Internet Computer much higher up (maybe at #2, between the Packard Bell PCs and the Barbie PC - the NIC really was a terrible idea) and I would have been forced to put the Dell Dimension 4600 higher up the list (in my opinion the Dimension 4600 was the point at which Dell's downward spiral really started to accelerate).