On the one hand, Facebook Open Graph news apps have major problems, especially if you ask the technology geeks and nerds that make up the readership of websites like ZDNet. On the other hand, millions of Facebook users have already embraced the Open Graph for reading and sharing news; the results aren't surprising, but they are still impressive.
With the talk of the effectiveness and usefulness of Facebook news apps continuing, both users and publishers are trying to figure out where they stand. So I'm asking you, my readers: would you use a ZDNet Facebook app? Please vote in the poll below:
I want to emphasize that I have no control over whether or not ZDNet develops its own Facebook news app, nor can do I have control whether or not Facebook is integrated into the ZDNet website. I have no knowledge of whether or not ZDNet is considering doing either the former or the latter. In short, this poll is not an official survey: I'm merely curious to see what my readers think of the idea.
- Millions of Facebook users embrace the Open Graph for news
- Facebook Open Graph news apps have two major problems
- Facebook users have shared 1.5 billion listening activities
- Facebook has just 17 Open Graph launch partners
- A closer look at the Facebook Timeline and the Open Graph
- Facebook's 2011 f8 event: what impressed me the most
- Facebook's f8 announcements are actually Liked by many
- Watch it live: Facebook 2011 f8 developer conference