Yammer users will soon start seeing another new type of content flooding down their news streams. The enterprise social network is teaming up with gamification leader Badgeville to add game mechanics to the platform.
Badgeville's Behavior Platform identifies key user behaviors across the network and enables companies to set up rewards within any of their enterprise applications.
The idea here is to give companies that subscribe to Yammer another way to encourage, reward, and spread the word about stellar employee performance in real-time on the Yammer Ticker.
One example of a client already onboard with Yammer's gamification strategy is global consulting firm Deloitte, which has been leveraging Badgeville and Yammer resources to build out an employee rank-and-reputation system around specific areas of expertise.
Deloitte's has developed an internal mobile app, dubbed "Who What Where," which was built on Yammer APIs. Using the geo-location functionality, users can check in and share who they met with and what was discussed at the meeting.
- Yammer extends search, integrates Microsoft Dynamics
- Ultimate & Yammer - When social media meets HR
- Yammer nabs oneDrum for Google Docs, Microsoft Office tools
- Desk.com beefs up features for SMBs with analytics tools
- Salesforce’s Benioff: Social revolution creating social divide