This morning when I went to the MotoMaker site the bamboo back option, under the natural category, now shows as 'not available' and will no longer let you select this back color option. There was no definitive shipping date for the wood back and now we don't know when it will be available for ordering again.
There are also rumors that three other wood options may eventually be offered to customers. There are not any opportunities for existing Moto X owners to switch to a wood back, which I am sure many people would pay the $100 premium to have done to their device.
The wood back is a cool idea and some of the rumored wood options I have seen are attractive. I am perfectly happy with my navy blue and orange Moto X and won't be looking to replace it with a wood device.
Related Moto X posts
- Republic Wireless Moto X review: Top consumer smartphone and low cost service are a killer combo
- Motorola rolls out Android 4.4 KitKat to Moto X just three weeks after announcement
- Attention to detail and conveniences earned the Moto X a place in my pocket
- Top 10 smartphones for the 2013 holiday season
- Custom Moto X has improved hardware and appealing looks
- Motorola launches Moto X Maker customization service for all carriers
- AT&T Moto X Review: Finally makes Android specs irrelevant