VMware Fusion has released VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 1.
The public beta, a free download, boasts a handful of industry firsts for Mac virtualization, including true multi-display support for virtual machines and experimental DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 2 3D acceleration.
New features in Fusion 2.0 include:
- VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 1 offers first “true” multi-display support for virtual machines — your virtual machines will see as many individual Mac displays as you attach to your Mac.
- Next gen 3D acceleration: Experimental support for DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 2.
- Integrated importation of Parallels Desktop and Virtual PC for Mac virtual machines. and integrated Boot Camp conversion, letting you take your Boot Camp from “physical to virtual” with a couple clicks.
- Usability and general improvements: Easy virtual machine printing, totally re-designed Settings Editor, easier Shared Folders, and the list goes on and on.
- Fusion 2.0 will be a free upgrade to all Fusion 1.x users.