Barker Bites Back
A look at some newsy stuff and interesting bits as well as those hopefully amusing byways of technology.
Colin has been a computer journalist for some 30 years having started in the business the same year that the IBM PC was launched, although the first piece he wrote was about computer audit. He was at one time editor of Computing magazine in London and prior to that held a number of editing jobs, including time spent at the late DEC Computing and was also the London editor for Byte magazine. Colin is pleased to report that apart from ZDNet at least two other sites/magazines he has worked for are still in business. Colin did also live for five years in Boston, Mass.,and as a result became a dedicated Red Sox fan.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Three and out: Why I'm finally saying goodbye to my first-gen iPad
- 2 So farewell then Lotus 1-2-3, spreadsheet extraordinaire
- 3 With the world embracing cloud computing, who needs mainframes?
- 4 What skills do companies really want on their big data team?
- 5 How the cloud is going to reinvent ERP — and how long it will take