Salesforce.com and BMC Software on Wednesday expanded their strategic alliance and launched RemedyForce, an IT management cloud suite.
BMC and Salesforce.com have been Force.com partners. The BMC relationship is just another data point illustrating how Salesforce.com is working to build an enterprise grade stack of cloud services.
In addition to RemedyForce, Salesforce.com launched Force.com 2, which includes Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, ISVforce and Heroku services. Heroku was acquired on Wednesday for $212 million. Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff previewed the Appforce and Siteforce launches on Tuesday.
With RemedyForce, Salesforce.com could get deeper penetration into IT departments. BMC and its service desk software and IT management tools are enterprise staples.
- Salesforce's Database.com as a game changer now they've acquired Heroku?
- Salesforce buy Heroku for $212 million, eyes Ruby developers
- With free version, Salesforce Chatter changes collaboration, communication processes for companies
- Salesforce.com builds out its cloud stack, plots Appforce, Siteforce
- Salesforce revs up the cloud data tier era with Database.com
- Dreamforce: Salesforce-Oracle rivalry heats up with launch of Database.com