HTC is arguably the most innovative company when it comes to mobile phones, in particular those running the Windows Mobile operating system. Today, they announced the HTC MAX 4G device that is the world's first GSM/WiMAX headset. The device will be available in Russia on the Yota Mobile WiMAX network. The device appears similar to the super high-end HTC Touch HD that was recently revealed with a large 3.8 inch 800x480 display and touch screen interface. The HTC MAX 4G will support the Yota Video network and with the device you can actually display up to nine TV channels simultaneously.
Other specifications of the HTC MAX 4G include:
- Qualcomm ESM7206A 528 MHz processor
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- 256MB ROM and 288MB RAM with 8GB Flash drive
- TouchFLO 3D interface
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:900/1800/1900 MHz with integrated WiMAX
- Integrated GPS, WiFi, and Bleutooth 2.0
- Standard 3.5mm headset jack
- FM radio
- 5 megapixel camera with VGA front camera for conference calling
VoIP support over the WiMAX network is also specifically mentioned in the press release too. This looks like quite an amazing device that really shows how the line between mobile computers and phones is blurring.