Along with three pistol-grip camcorders, Panasonic also announced two follow-ups to last year's HM-TA1 pocket camcorder, the Panasonic HM-TA2 and the HM-TA20. Both camcorders sport the Flip Video-like vertical body design, with the requisite integrated USB connector, one-touch recording, and YouTube/Facebook uploading software. The TA20 is a waterproof (3 meters), shockproof (1.5 meters) and dust proof camcorder, while the TA2 is a similar model without the weatherproofing.
The two stand-out features are a new automatically enabled Night View mode for shooting in low light and the huge 3-inch touchscreen LCD. Other features include:
- 1920×1080 resolution HD video recording
- MPEG-4 AVC file format (MP4)
- Tripod stand included
- 8-megapixel still picture recording
- Still images cut from video clips
- Electrical Image Stabilizer
- Face Detection and Intelligent Auto functions
- Sepia, monochrom, and soft-skin playback effects
- Webcam ability
- Mini HDMI connection
- Orange and blue color options for TA20
- Red, black, and white color options for TA2
Pricing and availability were not yet announced.