On October 28, Facebook is holding a free event called Mobile Hack at its Palo Alto campus aimed specifically at you, the developer. The all-day event (from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM PST) will teach you about building social mobile apps. Facebook will cover iOS, Android, and mobile web (HTML5) app development.
Here is the event's planned agenda:
- 10:00am - Registration Open
- 11:00am - Facebook Platform on Mobile
- 11:45am - New Features: Social Discovery on Mobile
- 12:30pm - Lunch
- 1:30pm - Partner Presentations and Best Practices
- 2:30pm - Native Distribution for Web Apps
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:15pm - Open Graph and Mobile
- 4:00pm - Q&A
- 5:00pm - Dinner
- 5:00pm - Hack
- 11:00pm - App Presentation & Awards
- 11:30pm - Event Close
At the event, industry experts that have already built social mobile apps will share their best practices. Along with the Facebook Platform team, they will show how you can make your apps more social and how to leverage social discovery.
At the end of the event, the best apps will be selected by a panel of experts and prizes will be awarded. Your app does not need to be created from scratch at the event, so you should start coding now, if you haven't already.
- Facebook launches HTML5 Resource Center
- Facebook Platform goes mobile, starting with Apple iOS
- BoltJS: the key to Facebook's upcoming HTML5 apps platform?
- Facebook releases Apple iPad app, finally
- Facebook's iPad app was done in May, developer defects to Google
- Facebook by mobile platform: iPhone first, Android second