Facebook just went down a few minutes ago. The social network doesn't seem to be working correctly for some people. It's working just fine for me, is it working for you?
At the time of writing, downforeveryoneorjustme.com/facebook.com said Facebook was down, but after I published, it said it's back up: "It's just you. http://facebook.com is up."
Meanwhile, downrightnow.com/facebook says Facebook's current status is "Likely Service Disruption." You can see what I mean in the screenshot above.
This seems to be a small blip rather than a worldwide outage. I have contacted Facebook and will update you if I hear back.
Update: "Earlier today, some users briefly experienced issues loading the site," a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement. "The issues have now been resolved, and we are back to 100%."
- How much is Facebook worth?
- Facebook's IPO by the numbers
- Facebook files for $5 billion IPO
- Mark Zuckerberg was planning to sell Facebook in July 2004
- Facebook has over 845 million users
- Facebook has over 425 million mobile users
- Warning: beware of Facebook IPO scams