Last night, Awesm developer Jeremiah Cohick posted the following Facebook status, suggesting that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg doesn't even use the service he helped build from scratch: "In the same way drug dealers don't use the product they sell, I doubt Zuckerberg is on Facebook all day. Visionaries don't idle online." As you can see in the screenshot to the right (via Truthful Tech), it turns out Cohick was very, very wrong.
A mere six minutes later, Zuckerberg commented on Cohick's status: "No, I really do use Facebook all day long." At the time of writing, Cohick's status update has some 400 Likes, while Zuckerberg's comment has 2,500 Likes.
Zuckerberg's reply was the second comment. Since then, Facebook users have reacted with some 350 comments. The whole exchange has been shared about 100 times so far, probably because it shows Zuckerberg is just like the rest of us.
This could have been a complete accident, but chances are Zuckerberg must be on Facebook quite a bit if he just so happened to see this random comment and reply to it. Since his life pretty much revolves around his company, I'm pretty sure he uses the social network quite a bit so that he can better understand how its users interact with it.
- Zuckerberg: 500 million daily active users on Facebook
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: spamming apps are lame
- When Mark Zuckerberg wants to hire you, he takes you to the woods
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook users eventually get over privacy anxiety
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook minimum age limit should be removed