Now you've had a few days to play with your brand new MacBook Air, it's time to look for cases that will fit your 11" or 13" computer. The popular Acme Made cases by the San Francisco-based company just updated its line with the launch of the new MBAs, so they're worth considering as you shop for some protection for your new computer.
Acme Made has kept its cases for the new MacBook Airs largely the same as its MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air offerings, but has added the Skinny Sleeve to fit the new 11" and 13" dimensions. All cases are available at Apple retail stores, on Apple.com and AcmeMade.com.
- Skinny Sleeve: Made of Acme Made's StretchShell neoprene material that is water and stain resistant, the Skinny Sleeve is as its name suggest: slim and minimal in design (pictured above and below). Despite its thin profile, it is a fully padded sleeve that features sewn-in reinforcement guards on both sides for extra protection. Instead of a zipper to keep the computer in place, the sleeve uses a stretchy elastic band that loops around the case for security. The Skinny Sleeve comes in both Matte Black and Purple; $39.95.
- Lombard Sleeve: As Rachel pointed out in her review, the Lombard Sleeve is the most fashionable of the Acme Made cases with a black-on-white design (it also comes in white-on-black but it is unclear from the website whether that design will be adapted to the new MBAs) and a removable strap. It's not all looks as the case has a water-resistant shell, as well as tricot lining and closed-cell foam padding (in purple) to protect your new MBA from scratches and damage. $49.95 at Apple Store; $64.99 on AcmeMade.com.
- Clutch: Available only for the 13" MacBook Air, the Clutch bag borrows design cues from classic briefcases and applied them to a laptop bag. The stylish Clutch has a canvas coated exterior with PU leather trim, in a messenger bag-like form factor complete with a flap and removable strap. Inside, the Clutch is fully lined and quilted to cushion your computer from drops and other accidents, and provide numerous pockets for everything from pens to documents, and of course, your iPhone. $99.99.
- Hands-on review: Acme Made Clutch for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air
- Hands-on review: Acme Made sleeves for MacBook, MacBook Pro
- The 11-inch MacBook Air is the best laptop I've ever owned
- The new Apple MacBook Air models
- MacBook Air cases and covers roundup (photos)