RIM is stealing (or trying to steal) a bit of Google's spotlight today with the announcement that BlackBerry App World 2.1 will also have in-app payments.
The update with this feature is set to roll out today, and apparently developers have had the SDK to work with this since January 5. This news follows Google's big event about Honeycomb and the Android Market, which also gives developers a chance to take advantage of in-app purchases via multiple currencies.
Time to start shopping (sort of), BlackBerry owners!
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Android leads, RIM recedes: Here's the enterprise fallout
- RIM's PlayBook: Is it an Android FrankenBerry?
- RIM running Android apps? A nutty yet brilliant idea
- App developers moving to the big screen (tablets, not TVs)
- Test driving the new web-based Android Market