HP's little webOS-equipped darling finally has a release date.
Available on AT&T the tiny Veer 4G will make its way to stores on May 15th. And unlike seemingly every other smartphone, the Veer 4G won't break your wallet: AT&T is selling the device for $99 with a two-year service contract.
HP announced the phone alongside the HP Pre 2 in February, lauding the device's credit card-caliber size. Just over two inches wide and three inches tall, the Veer weighs-in at a paltry 3.6 ounces. That might seem like a major drawback for those prone to losing their phones, but at a time when smartphones seem to be getting larger and larger, the Veer is a welcome change.
Here are the specs:
- 2.6 inch multitouch 320×400 pixel resolution display
- Qualcomm 800 MHz processor
- Quad-band GSM and HSDPA 7.2 (likely just an AT&T device)
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- 5 megapixel camera
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- GPS receiver
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 910 mAh battery
- 8GB integrated memory (6.5 GB user accessible) with no memory expansion capability