There was a big fuss earlier this year regarding flaws found in Intel's new Sandy Bridge chipset, but it looks like things are getting back to normal. MSI has announced that it will resume shipping Sandy Bridge-powered laptops immediately.
These MSI models, along with the FX420, FX720/FR720 and CR640/CX640, will be eligible for a one-year extended warranty. Registration must be completed within 30 days of the purchase to qualify.
Pricing for these updated (and hopefully completely fixed) portable computers start at $1,249.99 for the GE620 and $1,649 for the GT680R.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Dell refreshes Inspiron R series laptops with Sandy Bridge CPUs, interchangeable designer lids
- Intel Sandy Bridge dual-cores coming soon
- Sony refreshes Vaio S laptop family with Sandy Bridge Core i5 CPU, new AMD Radeon graphics
- AMD launches marketing campaign to capitalize on Intel's Sandy Bridge flaw
- MacBook Pro laptops rumored to get Intel Sandy Bridge processors