With the February 3 pre-sale launch just around the corner, Verizon Wireless has gotten official with unlimited data plans for the iPhone 4.
The Wall Street Journal previously reported that Verizon would offer unlimited data plans with Apple's smartphone, and now the WSJ is re-confirming the story. Verizon's COO Lowell McAdam confirmed a $30 unlimited data plan.
Don't jump for joy just yet. This will only be a temporary promotion, and "the carrier will follow AT&T’s move to tiered pricing in the not too distant future." No word about how long the offer will last, but consumers have had plenty of time to ponder the thought of getting an iPhone with Verizon. If you miss this, then it's your own fault.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Next generation iPhone, iPad expected to get built-in NFC
- Verizon: How iPhone, LTE Droids will affect network, financials, big picture
- Verizon iPhone: the Fine Print
- Apple brings out universal iPhone bumper ahead of Verizon release
- AT&T altering pricing for text messaging, upgrade plans