Can you get Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' running on an Amazon Kindle Fire? Of course you can!
Here's a hardware hacker called Steven showing us a demo on Android 4.0 ICS running on a Kindle Fire:
The hack is far from complete. Audio, WiFi, accelerometer and light sensor support support is still lacking. With it's dual-core CPU and $200 price tag, the Kindle Fire will make an awesome Android ICS tablet (except for maybe that 7-inch screen ... which no amount of tinkering with the OS can solve)!
More details over on the XDA Developer's forum.
- Kindle Fire and why 7-inch tablets suck
- Are Windows 8 tablets already irrelevant?
- Steve Jobs is right about tablets, right about RIM, wrong about Android, and kills off the “7-inch iPad” nonsense
- Poor quality tablets could harm Android’s reputation
- And the ideal size for a tablet is …