When something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
This is the NOVO7 by Chinese manufacturer MIPS Technologies. It claims to be the world's first Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' tablet. What's more, it's only $99.
Sounds good? Personally, I think it sounds too good to be true.
Now, let's ignore the lackluster specs (after all, what do you expect for $100) and just straight to the catch. Clicking on the button to add this to your PayPal shopping basket (yep, that's how it works) adds a whopping $60 shipping and handling fee to the price. I find it hard to believe that shipping and handling should cost this much and conclude that it's a crafty way of bumping up the price.
So a $99 tablet suddenly becomes a $159 tablet.
- Six Android issues that Google doesn't want to address
- Kindle Fire and why 7-inch tablets suck
- Are Windows 8 tablets already irrelevant?
- Steve Jobs is right about tablets, right about RIM, wrong about Android, and kills off the “7-inch iPad” nonsense
- Poor quality tablets could harm Android’s reputation
- And the ideal size for a tablet is …
Thanks to George Ou for pointing me in the direction of this "$99" tablet.