With the Apple App Store now open for business, you might be eager to play around, but to make these apps work you need the iPhone 2.0 software update ...
Well, according to some reliable sources, here it is ... direct download link (225MB).
- This update has not been officially released yet, so if things go wrong, you're on your own.
- This file, on a Windows box at any rate, is downloaded with the .ipsw.zip extension. To make it work you'll need to remove the .zip bit.
- If you get it, you'll have to install it manually through iTunes (download the file and if you're on Mac press Option and click on Check for Update when on the iPhone page in iTunes, Windows users press SHIFT and click Check for Update).
- This update will wipe all your data.
- This update pack is NOT FOR THE iPod touch! No word on that yet.
Oh, and it seems that someone at Apple has a sense of humor ... ;-)