I've only had the version 2.0 iPod touch software loaded onto my 'Pod but I'm already feeling the benefits.
Here are just a few of the improvements that I've noticed:
- Overall the interface feels snappier and more responsive.
- The ability to mass move and delete emails is amazing.
- The new scientific calculator is a pleasant addition.
- Coverflow feels smoother and easier to use, and the transition from it to a list view when changing the orientation of the of the device is a lot smoother.
- Skipping forward and back in video is smoother and far easier to use (I had noticed that rewinding was quite hard to control on the old software).
- Email retrieval and display feels a lot faster.
- The OS feels more robust - certain websites don't seem to shut down Safari and dump me back to the icon screen like they used to.
- Passwords are a lot easier to enter now you get to see what the last character you entered is.
- Controlling playlists is a lot smoother and easier to use.
- The App Store does contain a few gems.
Overall, a worthwhile upgrade. Still, having to pay for an update that contains security updates sucks a bit.
Anyone else seeing an improvement after loading the 2.0 software onto their iPhone/iPod touch?