Sony announced that is was working on a PlayStation Portable 2 handheld games console back in January, but specs and details were thin on the ground. But with the Electronic Entertainment Expo taking place in Los Angeles, Sony has decided that now is the time to official unveil the new product - the PS Vita.
The Sony Vita (which yes, looks a lot like the PSP) is expected to launch by the end of the year. There will be two versions - a WiFi version that will retail for $249 and a 3G/WiFi version that will go for $299.
There's a detailed spec sheet below, but here are the highlights:
- Quad-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU
- 5-inch 960x544 multitouch OLED display
- Rear touchpad featuring multitouch
- Front-facing camera - 120fps at 320x240 (QVGA)
- Rear-facing camera - 60fps at 640x480 (VGA)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
Click for larger image
Here are a selection of trailers:
It's good to see Sony in the news for something related to gaming again ...