John Fontana's blog traverses the evolving digital identity landscape and its intersection with the cloud, compliance, audit, privacy, mobile computing, API integration and security.
John Fontana is a journalist focusing on access control, identity, privacy and security issues. Currently, he is the Identity Evangelist for strong authentication vendor Yubico, where he writes and edits a blog, as well as, directs several social media channels and represents Yubico at the FIDO Alliance. Prior to Yubico, John spent five years with identity vendor Ping Identity. He also spent 15 years as a senior editor for a variety of publications, including Communications Week, Internet Week and Network World, where he focused on enterprise topics including collaboration, directories, network infrastructure, databases, open source, ERP and security. He covered IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Red Hat, Google among other enterprise vendors. His work has also appeared in the New York Times, CNN, CIO and Mashable.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Researchers say WeMo devices flawed, suggest deactivating
- 2 Citadel malware attacking open source password managers
- 3 Google unveils 5-year roadmap for strong authentication
- 4 Postal Workers Union files complaint against USPS in wake of hack
- 5 Apple sets teamwork tone with leaders role in NFC, infrastructure group